Saturday, April 9, 2016

Going Uphill

I was tired. It was 4 in the morning. My eyes were shut but I wanted to open them. I was successful. It was a dream. I was with them. We were at a place we once inhabited. It was nostalgic. Nostalgia is always good. But now I was hungry.
I had my early breakfast. I started on a trekking trail. All by myself. This place wasn’t exactly what it was when I last visited. It has been modernized. I noticed a stack of rocks with speeds of oncoming vehicles projected on them. I had to go to the other side. There was a void in between. I went downhill then started walking towards the other hill. I noticed people walking on tight ropes, the bystanders were pouring water on them as they started. I wanted to try that. But I had a backpack with stuff. It was waterproof but I couldn’t risk it.

Finally I reached to the top of otherside. There were temples and chants. I wasn’t interested. I took a peek at one of the structures from above. The thing being worshipped inside was a stone I stepped on while trekking. I was disinterested. I wanted to find a place to lay down. I rested my self beside a young kid with his mom.

I engaged the kid in a conversation. I asked him if he new Hindi he told he was from Arab. I asked him what he wanted to become. He wanted to be on a Lunar Mission. I next asked the purpose of his trip. He told me he liked heights. I countered that he could have experienced height from Bujh Khalifa. He answered that he was actually practicing for a high propulsion flight simulation. I was holding the kids between my arms while getting to know him. But now I wanted to get going with my journey. I was late. I should be moving upwards from there. Mahesh has spoken about how exciting the view was from that place. He had also added that there would be no network there.



No comments:

Post a Comment